Diving in Thailand

Home Forums Travel Diving in Thailand

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  AwayLands 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

NickB
    Participant

Hey fellow vagabonds, miscreants and wanders,

My wife and I are currently planning our Honeymoon and looking to head to Thailand to acquire our Open/Advanced Open Water Diving, PADI. While travelling I have bumped into a few fellows who have recommended Ban’s Diving School as the number one spot to go in Ko Tao? I’m just wondering if anybody out there has been to this spot, or would recommend something totally different? Thanks and travel safe!

Nathan
    Participant

I have absolutely no knowledge on the subject; I just had to comment and applaud your greeting. 10/10. Hopefully someone can help you out. Sounds so exciting!

Kelsey
    Participant

Hey Nick! That is awesome! I haven’t done my dive cert yet, but will be doing it on Ko Tao before to long. Haven’t got to do too much research yet, but I’m in Penang Malaysia, where a lot of the instructers go for their Visa Runs and talking to them made me so excited to go there and do mine. I hung out with two people that worked at Crystal and they seemed very positive about it. Let me know where you decide to do it! When are you guys going? Good luck!

NickB
      Participant

Thanks Kelsey! We are most likely going to be heading to Ko Tao in the fall. We were hoping to go earlier but fall is more realistic. Appreciate the update and hope to hear how it goes for you!

erik_key
    Participant

I really can recommend you a diving school in Phuket, Kata Beach. They are working very professional and it made me a lot of fun! For more information feel free to ask me! :)

Kelsey
    Participant

Hello from Koh Tao, I start my cert today. I’m super excited. The fall will be nice, just make sure to check monsoon season. I think it’s just really November and December, but something to double check and that wouldn’t be much fun.

Tholland
    Participant

Hey Nick,

I have dove with big blue dive in ko tao. I already had my certs but they were a good dive shop to try out

tim

AwayLands
      Participant

The Phi Phi Islands have tons of great dive shops and from what I hear, some great dive sites. I was only able to snorkel there but from what I saw, it was absolutely incredible. A lot of the dive instructors on those islands are Australian, so if you’re a westerner who speaks English, that makes it easy!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.